Question Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff system with Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Wants2divemore

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm ordering a Seaskin Nova drysuit with the Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff system and the Supplement for Siflex (Silicon) seals with Sitech/Kubi Docking systems. I understand that you can use the Kubi system with regular neoprene wetsuit gloves for when you don't want to use the drysuit gloves.

Am I correct that the suit side would then have a simple silicone wrist seal attached to it? If so, how do I order extra silicone wrist seals for using neoprene gloves in case the original gets a tear? I can't find anything on the Seaskin or Kubi websites.

Inner ring does not need the wrist seal, that is a user choice. Glove ring goes into inner ring. Inner ring is held in place with the small black o-ring and seals with the fat red one.
My pretty suit
View attachment 807469
Inner ring inside suit ring
View attachment 807471
Inner ring showing no wrist seal installed
View attachment 807472
Glove side
View attachment 807470
Ok, that's pretty cool.

So now I think we're 1 and 1. You don't really "win". I see my tech instructor's glove popping off (personally on a dive) as 1 in favor of the Rolock 90 or Waterproof Ultimas.

The fact that you don't "need" silicone seals (unless this is some sort of f***ery and you got me:)) you get a 1.

So.. it's a tie (at least to me at this point). I've never heard of the WP Ultimas or the R90's popping off during a dive. Not ever. I believe there was either one or 2 other incidents I've read about Kubi's on here, plus the dive I was on that count against Kubi (to me).

Now I've had both WP and R90's leak from the start of a dive, within 5 seconds of getting wet. They were 100% on me, but could be fixed on the spot. My tech inst. was @ 85' or 90' deep and his popped off for little to no reason, and he said it was fine / dry before that. Might still be user error to some degree, we'll never know. But the fact that it didn't show itself until at depth... that leaves a little to be desired.

I will always resort to what I've said before, any of the 3 if used correctly work amazing and are worth it. Each has pro's and cons. Really not a right or wrong answer. I'm just grateful we're having the conversation about how one works better and not the old conversation of "how do you get these to work at ALL" (looking at you Anteras POS!!)

Before you order extra gloves (good idea) see how the ones that come fit. For me they were a little small with a liner. Went the next size up and that is what I now use. Have a couple sets of spares. Spare dry gloves are more important than wrist seals for wet gloves.

I run dry gloves all the way to the point I don't run gloves for thermal protection.

Ok.. I know I'm dense. Do you need to have a silicone seal installed in order to use the system, or can you take that completely out and it still seals?
Now thinking about it, Rolock should work without a seal if you put an O-ring into one of the grooves.

Now thinking about it, Rolock should work without a seal if you put an O-ring into one of the grooves.
You think so? That would pretty great

Well, I see no reason why it shouldn't. As far as I can tell, Kubi does not seal just by rings themselves, but with that big red O-ring.
I wonder if @Zef could come up up with something?

Are there any other o ring gods around here?

Back
Top Bottom