Info a Beach is Born on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there a month ago (end-of-September 2022), and walked the "beach." It's a nicely groomed sandy area that's about 2 feet above water level, and there's a spot with steps going into the water (real steps from concrete or cinder blocks or something like that). I assume the raised wall is to prevent waves from moving the manicured sand around, and the steps are for people interested in snorkeling with a different starting point than the front yard. First time I was at CocoView, I stayed in one of the beach houses, and the family members with me were snorkelers (non-divers). They entered water from the ironshore in front of the beach houses and snorkeled from there. The step entry at this beach appears to be a lot easier for snorkelers with tender feet.

Reactions: Doc
Why would someone want to solo dive? :wink:
Well, my wife was my dive buddy for many years, with a fair share of those in and around Seattle and Canada. However, she simply got tired of being cold. So I was forced to find other divers, and sometimes solo dive. So, life happens! The good news is that she still dives sometimes with me in warm water. At least for now. So that's one reason one would dive solo!

Well, my wife was my dive buddy for many years, with a fair share of those in and around Seattle and Canada. However, she simply got tired of being cold. So I was forced to find other divers, and sometimes solo dive. So, life happens! The good news is that she still dives sometimes with me in warm water. At least for now. So that's one reason one would dive solo!
Two winks if you are under duress …

😂

I wasn’t serious, it’s really great when you see couples diving together.

My wife gave up OW because she had troubles equalising and then didn’t want to try again when she saw me starting to dive locally, hauling tons of equipment and getting ready the previous day to leave at 6AM 😂

Two winks if you are under duress …

😂

I wasn’t serious, it’s really great when you see couples diving together.

My wife gave up OW because she had troubles equalising and then didn’t want to try again when she saw me starting to dive locally, hauling tons of equipment and getting ready the previous day to leave at 6AM 😂
Lol I knew you weren't serious but thought it warranted a reply. I agree, it is great to see diving couples. My wife loves to critter hunt as I love macro photography. While I'm shooting something, she is ahead looking for the next subject!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom