A bit of Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Baker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
On a recent dive here in the Philippines we found what seems to be a dead body that was cut up and placed in a 5 gal bucket with cement to hold it all down. We are not really sure as Viz at this depth was a bit limited but it did look that way. We are thinking of going back and bringing it up but would like to get some advice before doing so. I think the best thing to do is to go back and take photos of the bucket and then confer with the local police before we bring it top side. What would you guys do if you made this discovery???

Thanks,

Ed

I agree 100% with t-bone's advice.

Geezuz, don't touch it... And certainly don't move it or bring it up. Tell the cops, go on with your day.

If the police want your help finding it again, by all means help, but otherwise, stay out of it.

Why would you even think about bringing it up?

I wouldn't touch it, call the police and then pour myself a glass of scotch and forget I saw it

Hey guys, thanks for the great advice. I was just a little concerned about just notifying the police because the way things are here and the fact that this is not just some basic bucket. This bucket you see has what is known as a "NSN " if your military you know what Im talking about. was thinkig about contacting the Embassy. What you guys think?

What bucket?

Back
Top Bottom