A cheap personal trick useful making for long time snorkling movie at 2.5m deep !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Sam Miller III,
Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions !
With the actual design I get rid of most lateral (the pizza pan) and tilt (long tube filled with water) high frequency movements I had before.
But if there are waves and currents I am tossed both about and up and down ! For this I don't see any cheap solution except waiting for better conditions !
The problem in Elat, at least near Coral beach or the Egyptian border where are located the 'Caves' is that the northern wind is blowing ~ 10 mph most of the year bringing ~ 1 foot waves ! I live in Jerusalem and I look everyday at the weather report hoping for a few days break ! I guess I will be lucky some day ...

A rather cheap 5m waterproof multi-axis gimbal usable in salt water and compatible with the Dual Hero System would be nice but I have not seen any ... Everything I have seen on the Internet are splash-proof or sweet water gimbals.

To reduce movement may I suggest that you fashion small wings to the submerged camera. Only trial and error will determine the shape and size of the wings
Samuel, our divers used such way many years ago :)
Even mass produced camera boxes has it, e.g.:
Z9kWzPlDCW4.jpg

(underwater housing ПКБ-2 for film camera "Sport")

or we had selfmade models
a.jpg

We call this devices - Aquaplane.
It is the same as airplane tail :)

SWeiller, This can allow you to stabilize camera and prevent unwanted movements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom