A chronicle of a Newbie’s First big dive trip….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jringold

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey All -
This thread is sort of a running log of our (me and my bride) first big Scuba trip. We just left Atlanta on a 1968 customized GMC PADI Wagon with Seaventures and are currently setting in wonderful I-75 rush hour traffic. We are due to arrive in Key Largo in about 13 hours (around 7AM). We are majorly excited and our first splash should be about 1 PM tomorrow. I think our dives tomorrow will be check out dives for PPB. We don’t have to decide yet, but there is an optional night dive Saturday night that we are trying to decided if we are going to attempt….

More to come….

Remember the first and second rules of diving...
1) Ascend as many times as you descend.
2) Keep breathing.

Have fun!

Doing that drive once was enough for me. Delta is our friend. Fly ATL-MIA or ATL-FLL, rent a car, and drive to Key Largo.

Which dive op./shop if your group going diving with? Or did Sea Ventures rent a boat to use?

Keep us posted. Some good diving down there, and the water should be warm this time of year.

Richard

Have fun. You are going to get to realize how long FL is...

At least you are not driving to Key West.

Last edited:
Which dive op./shop if your group going diving with? Or did Sea Ventures rent a boat to use?Keep us posted. Some good diving down there, and the water should be warm this time of year. Richard
We are going out with Rainbow Reef. According to Trip Advisor, they are a class act. It's 10:30 and we just passed thru Tifton. This is the way to travel! Just polished off the PPB manual and watched "The Green Zone". Everything converts to beds in about half an hour. Looking forward to trying out my Luna in something other than pool water tomorrow!!!!

We are going out with Rainbow Reef. According to Trip Advisor, they are a class act. It's 10:30 and we just passed thru Tifton. This is the way to travel! Just polished off the PPB manual and watched "The Green Zone". Everything converts to beds in about half an hour. Looking forward to trying out my Luna in something other than pool water tomorrow!!!!

Beds? Picture of this van?

im791z.jpg

That's freaking brilliant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom