A couple Questions RE: FIBR and Diving Roatan in general..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I definately want to do Prince Albert. I only did one night dive it was at the tail end of our Cavern cert. in FL. I was amazed, even in the ponds, the night life... really kewl... Maybe we will cross paths... on the zip line perhaps? I listen out for texas accents!!!:cheers: I Love meeting scubaboarders! Met some in Mexico in August. If you see anyone with an ORANGE scubadorag on their head... Probably me... I like to make sure I am well seen and remembered so I don't get left behind:no

Cya soon! 10 days!!!!
Jill

Sounds like a great deal for the divers!

Not only sounds like but is a good deal. We go every year at least once and try for twice.Have never been disappointed....now remember this is a 3rd world country so if you are a 5 star resort only person dont go to Fantasy Island and in fact don't go to Roatan. But if clean, comfortable, 3 good squares per day and great diving is what you want pack your bags and don't look back

I listen out for texas accents!!!

Oh great- that ought to point you out in Roatan. Don't hear much Texan being spoken there, no, not much. :rofl3:

Doc,
I was just wondering if CCV had a beach of any kind? The pictures on the web site see to show a beach just down from the resort. It that the resorts or is it private.
Thanks,
Brian

Doc,
I was just wondering if CCV had a beach of any kind? The pictures on the web site see to show a beach just down from the resort. It that the resorts or is it private.
Thanks,
Brian

It's kind of a beach, but really more of a lot of coarse sand and bits of coral rip rap. It was left that way to deter erosion. You are free to wander and ponder. This is the traditional home and nesting grounds of the National Bird of Roatan, the No-See-Um.

The beach at FIBR is a real beach, in the man-made sense. They keep it raked and clean, beach chairs, topless okay, they have bar service. Sand Fleas at a minimum. The run off from it has pretty well corked their shore dive.

On the other side of the island is a lovely piece of property with a marginal resort known as Paya Bay. It is the most picturesque beach on Roatan. It is natural. No diving.

West Bay also has nice sandy spots, but they're quite aways away. Pretty well full of Pod People.

If you are at CCV and you gotta have an hour in a lounge chair with a parasol drink, FIBR is just a kayak ride away. Most people don't bother, they return from their week at CCV with a "diver's tan". Five a day will do that to you.

OK just got back .. Other than the DM we had after the first day everything was good to great. Ours was the only English speaking boat so it was not really possible to switch. I would say that his behavior bordered on negligent, a couple of serious accidents were avoided because the majority of the divers on the boat were extremely competent. Anyway I made my opinion known and hopefully he will be doing something else soon.. We had Antonio as a DM on the first day he was very good..

A good time was had by all.. I will return to Roatan but might choose to go a bit upscale next time,

yup... I was the OP

So, since you were the OP, the complete FIBR/Roatan trip report is...where? (pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom