A cure for sea-sickness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Harris is right IMO. Focussing on the horizon is fine as it keeps your head level but put a fishing rod in your hand and watch the tip of the rod move up and down, round and round against the horizon, and you won't need to have baited your hook!

Personally sitting inside the boat reading a book and ignoring the movement of the sea does the trick.

I am trying the patch for the first time this Sunday. I get seasick in the bathtub, so I hope this does the trick. I've tried a number of other things and nothing has helped. So far I have accepted feeling like death warmed over in order to dive, but one of the instructors at my LDS swears by this thing so I have to give it a try. Wish me luck.

Ty

Whats IMO stand for?

Hi everybody,

I know lots of people like those scopamine patches, but they are horrible for some people. One time, I passed out after wearing one - for some people they are just too strong. (I even cut one in half and stuck it on, thinking it would reduce the level of medicine, but that didn't help.) So I warn anyone starting a vacation to take something else with them besides just the patches.

The tips above have been the ones I've followed and they're pretty good. But on my last dive trip, in desperation I tried a homeopathic medicine called "Cocculine". I was sceptical, but it's the best I've ever used.

(and for those of you who wonder how seasick I really get, I have been declared the "Master of Underwater Vomiting". Yes, I do it on the boat, on the surface and even 15 meters down. My dive buddies have always been amazed - and at least we get to see lots of fish when it happens! :)

Tricia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom