A day in the Life...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
After being blown out on Sunday, Monday, and Wed. we were itching to get out today. We went to a spot out near the middle ground wreck that was rediscovered some years ago. It is either 1 or more wooden schooner barges, we still aren't sure. In the past it has been a magnet for taug, not this year. she was however covered, I mean littered with flounder. It took some doing to sort out the big ones, but I left the bottom with 2 fatties.

She is a big ditch! I ran my reel out to the end at 140' and went on the extra 40' to get to the stern. 1 side is contiguous and the other side broken down a bit more. There were several piles of debris on the broken side to explore, and I did. Making my way back to the tie in at the bow, I could just see some dark masses out a ways, mmmm more stuff to explore. A quick check found me to be at the 65 min mark and time to go. Temp on the bottom at 92fsw was a balmy 58 and the hang was in the 70's. We are definitely going back again to try and see and learn more.

We had lake atlantic on the surface including the show of a lifetime. We were admiring a huge leather back turtle sunning at the surface about 40 yards off the boat. Suddenly a shark breached the water dove onto the turtle!!! WTF!!! The turtle surfaced again in around 5 minutes, so did the shark. It spooked around but made no more aggressive moves on the turtle. Wow!

After just watching shark week, hey discovery people, obviously other sharks besides great whites breach to attack, or was that a baby great white? We will never know the answer for sure.

Stay tuned for Sunday.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom