A few newbie tank questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, if you’re getting tanks, any used tank (at the correct size) will do. All you need is a full service at your shop.

Saves you a lot of money that would be unnecessarily wasted, and will pay for more diving.

Not for me. Too short (I'm 6'-7"), and cause me to tip on my face....

You’re a full 12” taller than I am. :wink:

I'd suggest looking at Faber LP 85s in hot dipped galvanized. They hold tons of gas (especially if you crank them to 3K), and if you order them L/R valves, you can use them if you ever decide to go sidemount. I have three pairs that way, and alternate between teaching recreational singles, sidemount, and backmount doubles. Plus they hold their value really well. My favorite tanks, even for deeper tec dives. Of course, if it gets too ridiculous, I go CCR.

I'd suggest looking at Faber LP 85s in hot dipped galvanized. They hold tons of gas (especially if you crank them to 3K), a.

3K? That's an al80 fill on a bad day. If an 85 isn't 3600+ it ain't filled.

True, I've taken them to that level sometimes when needed :wink:

When I don't need that much gas, I'm more comfortable keeping them around 3K to limit the stress on the metal. I should have stated as such, 3K is my typical fill for quarry weekends. I don't mind doing that on a regular basis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom