A few pictures from the Hardeep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskychemist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday I finally got a chance to get in the waters of the Gulf of Thailand. I hopped a boat with Aquanuts and we dove the Hardeep. Second dive the current was wicked...so plans changed a bit...but the first dive was fantastic!

Here are a couple pictures...

Probably my best critter pic of an urchin. Being a newbie, anybody help me out with an actual ID? Thanks.

Thailand-Hardeep-2007-07-31-002.jpg

From inside the Hardeep. This was my first wreck penetration...so it was kind of cool being inside. (I know...it's a very open wreck...but for me it was a first.)

Thailand-Hardeep-2007-07-31-008.jpg

And the last picture is of a nudi, genus Flabellina, I think. This picture was actually taken by one of the divemasters, Simon. He spotted the nudie, and after I took my pictures and wandered around a bit, he asked to borrow the camera to take a pic. His turned out better than mine.

Thailand-Hardeep-2007-07-31-015.jpg

Great day of diving! I can't wait for more.

Lowell

More seriously - I think they are of a variety called Diadema (long spined) sea-urchins - with the one in your picture being a diadema needle spine urchin. They're everywhere in the gulf of thailand, particularly in pattaya waters.

Hope that helps? All comments and corrections welcome...!

Just wait till you get to the other side and dive the Bidas! The vis is generally way better than the Gulf side.

And the last picture is of a nudi, genus Flabellina, I think.

It is a Flabellina rubrolineata.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom