A few snorkeling questions from a newbie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pardreamer:

Thank you so much for getting back to us and letting us know what your plans are, however tentative they are at this stage. I have such happy memories of my own snorkelling at La Jolla Cove a number of years ago, exploring the waters there in the company of so many fellow-snorkellers, each having a wonderful time. You're very fortunate to live so close to such a place. It's OK to keep your options open for the moment, you don't have to commit yourself to any particular branch of mask, fin and snorkel swimming until you gain a little more experience. I'm sure you're doing the right thing by seeking out a snorkelling instructor who can bolster your confidence, teach you the basics and advise you on the basic gear, the kind of wetsuit in particular, you will need to match the local conditions around San Diego. I'm excited for you, having read the two web pages you posted. Here they are again, with the links working (Scubaboard posters must post five or so messages before they have the right to post a working link themselves):

Snorkeling Classes
Scuba San Diego

Please do keep us informed about the progress you are making. :)

I agree with Mr. Wilson Pardreamer, thanks for getting back and at least letting us know you read what we wrote, and what your plans are.

Sometimes, new divers to the forum will ask a question and receive a lot of good advice, but we never know what happens next, or if they are even going to pursue diving in one form or another.

I hope snorkeling brings you as much enjoyment as it has for me over the years.

Good luck.

And the most important thing, Pardreamer, is stay away from Les Pauls. Real free divers play Stratocasters....custom stratocasters....

Back
Top Bottom