A few UW photo's from Lake Geneva,WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onbelaydave

Reaction score
I got back last week from Lake Geneva, WI where I learned to dive back in '72. I hadn't been back for years so when my mother called to schedule a family reunion I told here to just pick a date and I'd be there. I'd been reading a lot of stuff about the Zebra Mussel invasion clearing the water to like 30-40' vis. Anyway, here's a few of the results from 6 dives over the course of the week. Camera was my Fuji S2, dual Ike SS200 strobes, and lenses were a Nikon 18-35mm zoom,Nikon 60mm macro and my favorite,the Nikon 105 macro.

40010_1121633184_Bluegill-school-WA1.jpg
"The Welcoming Squad "

40010_1121633184_Crayfish.jpg
"Mini Lobster"

40010_1121633306_Largemouth-1.jpg
"Largemouth Bass"

40010_1121633306_Rockbass-closeup2.jpg
"Rock Bass Closeup"

40010_1121633403_Sunfish-closeup2.jpg

"Pumpkinseed Sunfish Closeup"

40010_1121633403_Zebra-Mussels-closeup.jpg

"The Infamous Zebra Mussels"

40010_1121633403_Snail-Closeup.jpg

"Unknown Snail"

40010_1121633403_Smallmouth-WA.jpg
"Smallmouth Bass"

40010_1121667142_Perch-3-working.jpg
" Yellow perch"

I have a much larger collection of photo's and a complete trip report HERE

Awesome photo's. My dive club goes to Lake Geneva in October and the viz has been awesome there. I'm taking my Nikonos II there this year. It will be hard to match your results. You will have to dive the Lady of the Lake sometime. Interesting little wreck in about 70 fow.

Jim

Awesome photos!! Great job!

SwimJim:
Awesome photo's. My dive club goes to Lake Geneva in October and the viz has been awesome there. I'm taking my Nikonos II there this year. It will be hard to match your results. You will have to dive the Lady of the Lake sometime. Interesting little wreck in about 70 fow.

Jim

And the Lucious Newberry was the deeper wreck. My favorite dives in many years past where the "Black Point wall" and bottle hunting around the old amusement pier cribs by the old NW military academy.

Brings back memories. My family used to vacation on Williams Bay in the 50's and 60's. Did a lot of snorkeling there, but my only "dive" was while water skiing. My "Uncle" Tom said to never let go of the ski tow line, so when I fell I hung on to it and was dragged underwater for some distance before my air gave out. I don't remember what I saw since most of it was a blur, but I do have fond memories of the snorkeling.

Anyone have GPS numbers for the Lady of the Lake or Newberry? Me and my buddy have been meaning to dive this lake being so close to home, but haven't done it yet. Would appreciate dive site suggestions, as well as where to launch the boat. I am aware of the one-time registration required with the water patrol.

Thanks!
Chad

Wonderful shots of some under-represented underwater denizens. You're a brave man to risk life and limb before school starts in Lake Geneva but I'm greatful, nonetheless.

can anyone advise where ""Black Point wall" and bottle hunting around the old amusement pier cribs by the old NW military academy" is ? heading up to lake geneva and would like to do some bottle hunting,....

thx

Back
Top Bottom