A few Zeagle questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robzr

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any reason one couldn't install a couple grommets on a Stiletto BCD in order to use w/ a dual tank wing (after buying a larger bladder)? Would durability be an issue?

Has anyone tried the zipper universal mount + pony holder with a 13 cf and have any real-world feedback as far as comfort, accessibility, streamlining/weight issues?

Can someone verify that the Slimline SPG is indeed 1.50" diameter?

What is the part number of the long hose bungee/keeper which is pictured on the website? (I don't see it in the downloadable catalog or labeled with a part number)

thanks!

Rob

I had the universal zipper mounts installed on both sides of my Zena. I use one side for the spare air mount when I travel. I don't notice its there when I dive. The way the mounts are positioned I doubt you would notice/feel the 13 cu. Ft. pony either.

Is this the hose keeper you are refering to?
stowsleeve.jpg

From the Zeagle website: "For divers who enter restricted environments– such as wrecks or caves– where there might not be room for two divers side by side, second stage hoses are available in extra long 7' and 9' lengths.

The Stow Sleeve (part # 8023) is available separately for stowing octopus hoses up to 9’ in length.
"

scubabirdie:
Is this the hose keeper you are refering to?
stowsleeve.jpg

From the Zeagle website: "For divers who enter restricted environments– such as wrecks or caves– where there might not be room for two divers side by side, second stage hoses are available in extra long 7' and 9' lengths.

The Stow Sleeve (part # 8023) is available separately for stowing octopus hoses up to 9’ in length.
"

Thats the one! thanks!

Rob

robzr:
Is there any reason one couldn't install a couple grommets on a Stiletto BCD in order to use w/ a dual tank wing (after buying a larger bladder)? Would durability be an issue?
Rob

Rob, it sure would be a lot of work/cost, if it can even be done post construction. And I'm sure a doubles user would prefer the wider shoulders of a Ranger harness.

robzr:
Has anyone tried the zipper universal mount + pony holder with a 13 cf and have any real-world feedback as far as comfort, accessibility, streamlining/weight issues?
Rob

I tried a 13 with my Stiletto and found it to be too bulky. It felt like I had a football under my coat. The 6 fits great there, and I have a 30 on the back when deep. A customer of mine with a LTD wore his that way for a while, then moved it to the back on the tank bands.

robzr:
Can someone verify that the Slimline SPG is indeed 1.50" diameter?
Rob

It's 2" x 3/4" in the cover, which is too stiff to remove IMO. It's an inch less in diameter and half as thick as a standard PSIG. Very slim indeed.

Chad

Was that customer me chad? lol, I did have my 13 in the wing when I had the ranger ltd, I now have the zeagle bands for a pony, I absoloutely love it now and am diving my pony every dive. I can't say enough about the zeagle pony straps everyone should have them in my opinion. they are extremely good and the best is the price you cannot beat them.

I would reccomend definitely if they are using the wing sleeve to only use a 6 cu ft tank there the 13 will work but your right it felt like having a football up there. the rear mounted system is much better. if your diving 100' or more do not rely on a 6 cu ft tank, if your diving 60 foot spots then it would be plenty. I recently did a test on my 13 pony and I was able to surface safely from 120 foot doing a safety stop and still had about half my air left. I suggest others using ponies to test them out at least one time to know how it will work when you really need it. keep in mind it was not an emergency situation and I am very good on air consumption these days. chad you are alot of help too, zeagle is lucky to have you on their team.
Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom