A little help please with some apartment recommendations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be headed back to Utila in a few weeks for my DMT and I'm looking for any apartment recommendations? I'd like to spend 350 to 400 a month and have wifi access and some aircon. Close proximity to CrossCreek/UDC area of town is a plus. I'll be renting for 2 months starting June 1 2012.

cross creek has their "dive master" cabins if you're training with them, they're not too bad.

There's always the Utila apartment finders, you can track him down on the internet, email or phone them up, tell them you're coming, have them meet you and start showing you apartments when you first get to the island. The only problem with this route, I hear, is not everybody wants to pay the apartment finders their finders fee so they don't have access to all the vacancies.

Or, you can stay at Cross Creek your first night and simply walk around and ask around. I found a place at the nursery, quiet, no vermin, nice deck, good location in about two hours using the walking and asking method. Everybody knows somebody with a place for rent and won't hesitate to call the landlords for you as a favour to their property owning friends. I found the nursery place through Lazy Daze on the Bay.

In 2011 I stayed at Maggie's place. highly recommended. I paid $450/month + electricity for an almost new concrete apartment with double pane windows ( great for noise as it's right on main Street ) no bugs or vermin, big covered patio with BBQ, secure location, internet, good kitchen and it was proper clean, not Utila clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom