A little info for: Punta Cana/Bayahibe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scarefaceDM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a search and found good info...However I have a few questions:

Since I am off to Punta Cana in June (June 8 to the 15th).

This is not a pure diving vacation. More RnR but I get to sneak away for a few dives - At the cost of a full days worth of massage and pampering for my better half... the price to pay. Oh well....

Can any flash some light on the area and the diving? Operators and cost.

I have contacted Dressel Divers...they are a pricey bunch. 60$ us, per single tank dive, is this the normal cost?

Anyfeed back on the area would be great. Diving, what to see and do,etc... We are staying at the 5 star Bavaro Princess All Suite[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]s.

Thanks

Stephen
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hi Stephen,

I worked for several years in that area.
There are operating 4 bigger dive operations Scuba Caribe, Dressel Divers, Sea Pro and Pelicano.
From those four the best to negociate with is Pelicano.
With a smalltalk you will get a deal with those people.

There are better divespots in the Dominican Republic and I like to remind you; it is still the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean!!
Some tunnels and little caves, two shipwrecks "Astron" and "Monica" are worth to look at.
Any kind of fish is not abundant but with some luck.....who knows.

Wish you and your better half an unforgetable stay.

Nice Dives

Robert

Thanks..I know it is not the Caribbean but hey it is warm water none-the-less.

I would do the excursion to Bayahibe. Dressels does off this....Do the other operators offer it aswell? Still lots of time to plan. Just keeping the options open and wondering if I should drag my gear down.
thanks
Stephen

I did a search and found good info...However I have a few questions:

Since I am off to Punta Cana in June (June 8 to the 15th).

This is not a pure diving vacation. More RnR but I get to sneak away for a few dives - At the cost of a full days worth of massage and pampering for my better half... the price to pay. Oh well....

Can any flash some light on the area and the diving? Operators and cost.

I have contacted Dressel Divers...they are a pricey bunch. 60$ us, per single tank dive, is this the normal cost?

Anyfeed back on the area would be great. Diving, what to see and do,etc... We are staying at the 5 star Bavaro Princess All Suite[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]s.

Thanks

Stephen
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif].
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I am also visiting Punta Cana mid June for some RnR. golf, beach, etc. I would like to do some diving also. What have you found out? Where are you staying? I think I will go to the Island with the whole family. I think they can snorkel, breach it and shop while I dive. Keep in touch! Bob

Morning Bob.

The diving in the area is , I find, A little pricey. However. Since this is not a pure diving vacation, I will probably play it by ear, check out the Catalina tour on the Caribbean side. Will know more when we get there. A did get several emails from Dressel and Scuba Carib. They offer a few packages, and if you pay upfront you get a 10% rebate. Since I am not sure of the area, I rather pay as I go.

We will be staying at the Bavaro Princess All suites 5 star resort. Week of june 8-15

Cheers

I am also visiting Punta Cana mid June for some RnR. golf, beach, etc. I would like to do some diving also. What have you found out? Where are you staying? I think I will go to the Island with the whole family. I think they can snorkel, breach it and shop while I dive. Keep in touch! Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom