A lovely secluded Beach on Phuket for snorkelling and diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aines

Registered
Reaction score
I will soon be in Phuket for a water holiday. Do you know any beautiful, quiet, peaceful beaches I could go to for snorkelling and diving?

Thanks!

There are quite a few options for snorkeling. For diving, I think the best place for you to check out would be Ao Sane.
The best beach diving would be of Kata Beach, but that is not really quiet.

not sure of the name of the beach, on the way to prom thep cape from kata though. Small far less people and noise than kata beach and a more peaceful atmosphere the the busy ones. Decent snorkeling as well......
Maybe someone else can chime in for it's name.

Ao Sane beach - does Armin still have his "littlest dive shop in Phuket" there? I have not been for quite a while. Nice little beach near Naiharn beach. In between Naiharn and Phromthep Cape you find Ya Nui beach which is also quiet and I am sure you could snorkel from there. These places would not be the best for diving, certainly compared to the Similan Islands, but if you want a quiet spot for a quiet dive and don't expect the best reefs in the world, go for it!

Ao Sane and Ya Nui Beaches

not sure of the name of the beach, on the way to prom thep cape from kata though. Small far less people and noise than kata beach and a more peaceful atmosphere the the busy ones. Decent snorkeling as well......
Maybe someone else can chime in for it's name.
I presume you mean Ya Nui Beach, with the sand road leading to it just of Kata View point.

These places would not be the best for diving, certainly compared to the Similan Islands,
Did some dives om Ya Nui, and it's ok, but not up to par with for example the reef at Kata Beach or Koh Puu.

Ao Sane Beach, bit tricky to find at first but I love it there, Great places to chillout afterwards and have a meal / drink. Its not a 'dream' dive but lots of life there and loads to explore, probably done about 100 dives there and was always finding new stuff, in low season (after April) the vis can be bad and there is some fishing line left on the site somedays, so take a cutting tool and collect it up if you see it

Regards to Armin if you see him on the beach (smallest dive hut in the world !)

Dont accept food from thais on the beach unless you dont mind ultra hot !!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom