A new diver in the family...two actually!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff Toorish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce a new diver to the diving community. My 17 year old son Alex was certified last weekend. He did his cert dives at Lake Rawlings last weekend, in case any of you were there.

He joins my ten year old daughter, Sammi, was certified in February in Dominican Republic. As you can imagine, she keeps asking..."and who was certified first?

I'm so proud of them both.

Jeff

You should be proud! Congratulations Jeff. Sounds like you have great kids.

kids

first you have to pay for braces, then for diving gear

(hint: if you don't have to buy them stuff, you can get better stuff yourself!)

:wink:

just teasing... i wish my parents had introduced me to diving when i was a kid

Ain't that the truth, Andy.

My rescue instructor told me about when she used to work at a dive shop, and parents would come in looking for cheap or used equipment and say things like, "it's just for the kids."

My kids get exactly the same gear I use, or the closest approximation if size is a factor. You know, that regulator didn't seem so expensive when it was for me. :D

Jeff

"It isn't used, it's thoroughly tested for safety purposes"

What a deal, a great life-long sport for them, and two new dive buddies and excuses to go diving for you.

Everyone wins.

I hope they know how lucky they are to have a cool dad to introduce them to the underwater world. I have a four month old daughter and I cannot wait until one day when she asked me to teach her how to dive.... Congradulations... Go Diving!!!!!!!

Jeff-

I bet I saw them - I was at Lake Rawlings last weekend doing AOW checkouts. At one point near one of the platforms, we had two OW classes converge right in front of us, creating a huge CF. They sure looked like they were all having fun though.

Water was a nippy 51. Glad I was wearing a dry suit :)

Congrats on raising a diving family - I hope I can be so lucky.

-Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom