A New Piece of Diving Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice watch!

My latest acquisition is an Oxycheq Ultralite BP + 18# wing in prevision of my next trip, and I'm dying to try it!!!!! I'd go outside but it's not enough lift for the kind of weight I need to sink my drysuit.

Next thing I'm buying is a new camera + housing + strobes. Still trying to figure out exactly what will do (because what I'd really like is a D700 + housing but that would be silly).

And for the big ticket item, after many years of doing just fine with walking/metro/car sharing, diving might get me to buy a car (even though I know that renting when I need it ends up costing less that owning the car).

Pretty cool, though I must say having that "vintagedoublehose.com" badge on it kinda kills it for me. Removing that would be the first modification I'd make.
It hasn't arived yet, so Im not sure it'll have that on it. Thats a promo pic off his website.... As long as it breaths good I'll be happy as a pig in $@^%..:D:D:D:D:D

I bought a Zeagle Ranger BCD, which was nice, but what actually made it _work_ for me was the crotch strap. Best $20 that I ever spent. When I build a tech rig this spring, that may be the only accessory.

My newest bit of gear is twin 12s setup which I got a few weeks ago. Basically everything in this picture except for the backplate + harness, which I already had :)

4281646524_a0967f4387.jpg

I did a cavern course where I had to use twins in December and had some on loan for a while, and ended up wanting my own mainly for deeper wreck dives as well as cavern dives (a lot of the sites require twins). I waited a long time to decide what types of things I wanted, especially the tank size as I thought they might be too heavy. And they were at the start but now I must be a lot stronger as I don't have any issues walking around with them and getting them on and off myself :)

My next bit of gear I want is a canister light. But that is probably more likely midyear as I'm skint after my last gear purchase!

... and bought a Sea Dweller. I used it for the past 35 years and as it became a collector's piece, I had an opportunity of selling it for $17,000. It was time for another Rolex.[/QUOTE]

DCBC--

was there anything unusual about your SeaDweller to make it so collectible? If some are going for $17k maybe it's time to sell mine. I don't tech dive, inherited it. I enjoy wearing this watch, but really....:shocked2:

Really! I assume that my Rolex Submariner is a depreciating asset. I also have a Patek Philippe Calatrava. You don't have to be a multi-millionaire, you just need misplaced priorities.:wink:

Green with envy! I have a one year old 'classic' Sea Dweller, then tried on the Deep Sea at Dubai airport, oh dear, I liked it! Trouble is I can't bear to part with my existing Sea Dweller, so no trade in. One day, one day, I will get myself one, and it will get wet! (I dive with my Sea Dweller all the time, sometimes as deep as 35m! (its rated to 1200m)

... and bought a Sea Dweller. I used it for the past 35 years and as it became a collector's piece, I had an opportunity of selling it for $17,000. It was time for another Rolex.

DCBC--

was there anything unusual about your SeaDweller to make it so collectible? If some are going for $17k maybe it's time to sell mine. I don't tech dive, inherited it. I enjoy wearing this watch, but really....:shocked2:

My Sea Dweller was produced in 1972 and was a "Double Red" )two lines on the original dial were red. These are relatively rare and go for around 35-40,000 dollars. My dial had been replaced in the 80's, but regardless it had a 3 million serial number confirming it to be an original DR (I had all the papers). The Collector that bought mine will restore it to original condition, which will mean him having to find an original dial (at a cost of about $15k or so).

Vintage Submariners and Sea Dwellers are much sought after. I couldn't believe mine sold so fast. Perhaps I should of asked for more, but I'm happy. I'm not a collector and turning in a 35 year old watch for a new one and putting 9k in my pocket seemed like a good thing to do. :)

I'd do some research on your watch, if I were you. Pay attention to the serial number as it will tell the story. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom