a newbie thinking about going to lake jocasee next fri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

honkeystyle

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
New guy here, who is curious about Lake Jocasee. A buddy and me were thinking about heading down there next friday and scoping the place out, but I was curious as to whether or not it would be worth our time. We usually dive the pdra quarry's but want to go somewhere different. I was curious if they have walk in diving or do you have to pay for the boat ride? or is it even worth driving down there? is there much underwater? Is there a map anywhere? Im not too worried about the cold. I went in 44 deg water last week and was fine and I am used to not having much vis. So yeah I basically know nothing about the place but am very intrigued. So please pour out all the wonderful details of this place as I try to contain my giddyness about finding another place to dive that is close...
D-

Hi and welcome. Joccassee is a good place to dive. There is a walk in ramp. Set up by the park service. It's little hard to find. But it is the first remote boat ramp on the left side of the lake. The only cost is $2 per person to get in the park. Off the Wall charters is another way to dive the lake. Great people and outstanding service. Come on down and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom