A Non-Diving Related Question (Or Is It?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WileEDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So the other night I went to my neighborhood pizzaria where I had phoned in an order, and when the guy asked me what I wanted I said "You've got a pie waiting for me."

He told me that it is only a pie before it's cooked and that after it's cooked it is a pizza.

I always thought that "pizza" and "pie" were short names for a "pizza pie". Any thoughts on this?

Given the nature of the personalties on this board, I'm sure that opinions will not be in short supply.

And now that I think about it, are pizza and diving all that unrelated?

Thanks.

Thats the ultimate 'pre-dive', 'surface interval' and 'post dive' (but not all 3 on the same day... well, maybe sometimes :rolleyes: ) snack for me.... hot... cold... 3 days old... I dont care!! :eek:ut:

So to me pizza and diving are related....

As to the pie vs. pizza thing... who knows. Was the pizza good? I'm getting hungry now....:D

WileEDiver once bubbled...
He told me that it is only a pie before it's cooked and that after it's cooked it is a pizza.

So is it only a soda before it's opened and after that it's a pop?

Or is it a "tomato pie?" I think this is just a semantics issue. Besides, we both know that outside of New Jersey and New York, there is no real pizza. Flame away, but don't give me any of that wood-smoked crust stuff!

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
I think this is just a semantics issue.
So would that make the pizzeria guy anit-semantic?

And you know, KelpMermaid, I'm with you on the New Jersey/New York thing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom