A non-DR technical question from the DIRIII video+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
During the last 20 minutes or so of the DIRIII video, there is video from the Japanese film crew of the ?Wakulla system.

Can anyone tell me the music group or maybe even the songs that are featured.

I like the driving intensity of the music and it fits the video well.

tx, wb

There is a couple of Dream Theater tunes... Peruvian Skies is one, and I'm not sure what the other one is.

Also "Sleeping my Day Away" is by D.A.D.

The song is called Peruvian Skies, it's from Dream Theater's 1997 album Falling Into Infinity.

DT is *the* prog/art metal band. They're known for hard, extremely complex and epic compositions. The band formed when three guys met at the Berklee School of Music while studying classical composition.

They kind of have a reputation for being extraordinarily gifted musicians and playing horribly complex pieces just to exhibit their virtuosity with their instruments, not necessarily for writing great songs. Of course, that's not to say they don't have some really killer tunes. You'll get the most out of their music if you've ever studied music or music theory.

If you like the song, you should definitely check out more of their stuff.. I'd suggest starting with their most accessable album, Images and Words. There are a couple of 9-11 minute songs on the album, but nothing like some of their other ones. A Change of Seasons starts with a massive 23 minute 7-parter, and finishes with a jaw-dropping 10 minute jam sequence where the band covers Pink Floyd, Kansas, Queen, Journey, the Dixie Dregs, and Genesis without missing a single beat.

If you want something even more bizarre and experimental in the prog/art rock genre, a few DT members joined up with a couple other excellent musicians to record The Liquid Tension Experiment (1 and 2). The whole CD is incredible musicians doing incredible musician stuff.. nothing that's going to appeal to most people.

...is from an NHK special that was taped by Japanese filmmakers that came over from Japan specifically to film Wakulla and GI3. If this is the tape I saw, and I am pretty sure it is, it is a really great video (except for the parts with George running down the street and working out in the gym).

Hi

abouth the music: yes they are indeed the DreamTheater. But the peruvian skies is just one of the songs, after this songs there is another ! Which is this one called?

abouth ww.sfdj.com i cant download the films here, what is wrong?

btw: anyone else that has the films for download?

Xerxes

xerxes once bubbled...
Hi

abouth the music: yes they are indeed the DreamTheater. But the peruvian skies is just one of the songs, after this songs there is another ! Which is this one called?

abouth ww.sfdj.com i cant download the films here, what is wrong?

btw: anyone else that has the films for download?

Xerxes

The final one is, as Spectre mentioned, "Sleeping my Day Away" by D.A.D.

You can download the video from me at http://jonnythan.com/dir

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom