A non-DR technical question from the DIRIII video+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jonnytan

damn, :D I already had this one. I need part 1 and 2.

And no unfortunatly i dont have part1 otherwise i would share it with you via Kazaa. Although i have part2 only sounds.

Hmm i need more video's.. :D until i have my M.s. title and earn enough money to come see and join the real thing there in the USA.

Xerxes

I went back and looked at it again and it is definitely footage from that NHK video I saw. Basically, what happened (this is in FL) is that they think the water table sunk because of a drought (going from memory now...it has been a couple months since I saw that video). When the water levels dropped, there was a large sinkhole in the bottom of this lake that was basically stopped up with debris and some large rocks. Without the water underneath the large rock to support it, and the other debris in the floor of this hole, the rock gave way and the bottom basically dropped out. When that happened, the water ran out of the lake. Apparently, they noticed the vis go to hell over in Wakulla and traced it to this event...when all the lake water went rushing through the springs.

DISCLAIMER - my memory isn't what it used to be and that is my best recollection of the video.

jonnythan once bubbled...
The song is called Peruvian Skies, it's from Dream Theater's 1997 album Falling Into Infinity.

DT is *the* prog/art metal band. They're known for hard, extremely complex and epic compositions. The band formed when three guys met at the Berklee School of Music while studying classical composition.

They kind of have a reputation for being extraordinarily gifted musicians and playing horribly complex pieces just to exhibit their virtuosity with their instruments, not necessarily for writing great songs. Of course, that's not to say they don't have some really killer tunes. You'll get the most out of their music if you've ever studied music or music theory.

I definitely like classical music. Perhaps that was my draw to this.

Thanks for all the replies... at first, I didn't think anyone was going to give me the time of day :)

wb

great :)

been searching for the names of them songs since i first saw the video :)

but im missing 1, the first song, the 1 before Peruvian skies - Dream theater and sleeping my day away - D.A.D.

the song that is playing when the diving scenes begin - any1?

please :)

figured it could be dream theater so i got a hold of as many songs by them as i could, but still no luck :(

I ran it by a friend of mine that is a big dream theater fan, and no luck. I pulled a couple lines off of it and ran it through all the online lyric searches, and still no luck.

I think we're gonna have to ask someone involved in the vid....

Back
Top Bottom