A question and invitation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, first a quick question about Puerto Galera. Does anybody know if there are any ATM machines there? Where I could get Pesos rather than go through a change office? I know there is the airport, but there is a 500$ daily max on my card and I'm staying for 5 weeks, so that won't be enough... Any insight as to this?

I'm also going to be needing more cash so that I can buy beers for any of the PPDs that pass by PG and come to meeet me for a few drinks!:D It seems many of you are going to be in the Philippines while I'm there (10 february to 14 march), so if you get a chance, come and meet me in PG and we could either dive, or have some drinks, or both!!!!:coffee: It would be my pleasure to meet any/all of you and buy you some beers. Oh, except for Maggie... I've read of the damage she can do to beer reserves...:D:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Anyways, thanks again for all your help and let me know if you plan on dropping by PG while I'm there!!!!:coffee:

When I visited there last June, there wasn't any ATM. Well, there was one in Atlantis but it wasn't working (may be working now). You'll probably have to go to the Western Union place in Sabang to get cash advances from your credit card. I know that the Point bar takes credit cards for payment.

ninja edit: maggie doesn't drink beer. she drinks the good stuff :D

I thought I had heard last time that they finally got an ATM over in Puerto Galera town proper (where the public ferry arrives).

Codman, near the Jeepney corner at Sabang Beach, there are a number of money changers that give decent rates. They might even accept loonies!

Open two (or more accounts), get two (or more) ATM cards.

You can open a XOOM account and have money sent to yourself via online transfer. Western Union does this as well. There are many ways to skin the cat!

Hey all, first a quick question about Puerto Galera. Does anybody know if there are any ATM machines there? Where I could get Pesos rather than go through a change office? I know there is the airport, but there is a 500$ daily max on my card and I'm staying for 5 weeks, so that won't be enough... Any insight as to this?

I'm also going to be needing more cash so that I can buy beers for any of the PPDs that pass by PG and come to meeet me for a few drinks!:D It seems many of you are going to be in the Philippines while I'm there (10 february to 14 march), so if you get a chance, come and meet me in PG and we could either dive, or have some drinks, or both!!!!:coffee: It would be my pleasure to meet any/all of you and buy you some beers. Oh, except for Maggie... I've read of the damage she can do to beer reserves...:D:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Anyways, thanks again for all your help and let me know if you plan on dropping by PG while I'm there!!!!:coffee:

I was in PG in 2005 when did they build an airport???:confused:
The western union will allow you to use your credit card. $500/day not enough? how much do you drink??

Back
Top Bottom