a VERY newbie.. need information 411

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babelfish had a good idea with the college course. Credits and certification. But look at what it will cost you for the college course. It could be more expensive. But it is a very good way to learn.

My advice is to talk to several shops and certified individual. Look for the best course, not the cheapest or quickest. This is the course that gives you your base knowledge and skills, so get the best.

As far as equipment, you have to understand that SCUBA is an expensive sport. The equipment is costly, but, if you take care of it, it will last a long time. Since you have no real exposure to diving, at this point you really don't know if you like yet. I've had friends that took the course, bought everything, did a few dives and decided they didn't like it, and their equipment rotted in a closet. You can sell it, but you'll never get your money back.

Buy what you need for the course, get some dives in with rental equipment. This way, you make sure you like the sport, and you get to try different brands of equipment.

Thats my suggestion. Good Luck

Bill:)

Back
Top Bottom