A Wet Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chien

Registered
Reaction score
How can you be well hydrated and avoid peeing in your wetsuit?

Chien:
How can you be well hydrated and avoid peeing in your wetsuit?

It beats me! I sure don't "Let it Rip!!!!" :satisfied :eyebrow:

In theory, you can put a p-valve on a wetsuit just like a drysuit. But - why bother. As long as you're not diving a semi-dry, pee away.

When your buddy remarks about that really brief thermocline of warm water at 80 feet, just smile and nod.

I personally can't bring myself to pee in my wetsuit... But I know loads of people who do... Just have to make sure you don't get too close to their suits out of the water!
Apparently it's good for keeping you warm though...

First Rule of wet suit diving (or semi-dry or dry suit diving for that matter) ...never pass up an opportunity to pee. The other First Rule is always pee before you put your suit on whether you think you have to or not cuz you will have to as soon as its on.

Luckily I have never had to pee in my wetsuit. I have a bladder of steal and can hold it forever. From what others say, it's no big deal, but I can't make myself do it. I do recommend going to the bathroom right before you start gearing up. Then go as soon as you get out and it should be ok.. But then I only to normal OW dives. 45 min or so of holding it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Jessica

After longer deco dives in cold water with my semi-dry I will occassionally come up the ladder like my doubles were jet packs. There are times when I definitely feel the need for speed.

I think you have to forget the well-hydrated part.
Since I dive from a boat, even if I pee just before the boat takes off and don't drink anything all morning, I always have to pee at the end of the dive. it sucks because then I have to wait to climb back onto the boat, take off the tank, jump out of my suit, and jump into the water (not pleasant when the water is 15C).

One guy decided to pee in his suit, then he took it off on the boat. Eww, EVERYONE knew that he peed in his suit. If you do that, you HAVE to take the suit of in the water or don't take the suit off until the boat is in the port.

Eeeewww! The thought of peeing in a wetsuit is....eeewwww!! Go before, and after. If you stay well hydrated all the time, you should be able to last a while.

Of course, that's just MY opinion.

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom