A word of Caution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Don't buy a dive computer fro ScubaStore. I purchased a TUSA IQ 900 Zen. They sent the wrong color a dead battery and no warranty card. After replacing the battery I started diving the computer and during the 8 dive it failed. I tried having it serviced by TUSA but it turns out ScubaStore is NOT and authorized dealer and they will not honor the warranty. Now I'm trying to retun it to Scuba store and you won't believe all the gyrations they are making me go through to return the computer. Save yourself a lot of trouble. Just don't buy from SCUBAStore

Another reason to go thru an LDS. Or, order online thru appropriate shops. Certain things should never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc. Most notably, computers, regs, bcds.

Fins/wetsuits, masks, I.E, non life-support equip is one thing. But not the important stuff.

Quote....
Or.......

use a bottom timer......

Real helpfull answer!

Another reason to go thru an LDS. Or, order online thru appropriate shops. Certain things should never be bought by places like scubastore, leisurepro etc. Most notably, computers, regs, bcds.

Fins/wetsuits, masks, I.E, non life-support equip is one thing. But not the important stuff.

Like 'em or hate 'em, I've found LP to stand behind the products they sell. I've had a few returns to them and no hassles whatsoever.

I actually narrowly escaped purchasing a BCD from ScubaStore, thanks to my LDS' willingness to price match them. So I don't have any personal experience with them, but I would point out that they are indeed an authorized dealer for ScubaPro products, at least. They are located in Girona, Spain, of all places, but they are listed on ScubaPro's website if you search for a dealer there, and ScubaPro has confirmed it via telephone as well.

As for LeisurePro, I have only purchased a few things and have found my business with them to be good and efficient. By that, I mean I have never had anything arrive with problems, nor had to try to get warranty service on anything I have purchased. Whether they are a hassle in the former case or proven to be gray market in the latter, I have no clue and can only insist that YMMV.

Don't buy a dive computer fro ScubaStore. I purchased a TUSA IQ 900 Zen. They sent the wrong color a dead battery and no warranty card. After replacing the battery I started diving the computer and during the 8 dive it failed. I tried having it serviced by TUSA but it turns out ScubaStore is NOT and authorized dealer and they will not honor the warranty. Now I'm trying to retun it to Scuba store and you won't believe all the gyrations they are making me go through to return the computer. Save yourself a lot of trouble. Just don't buy from SCUBAStore

But I bet you saved enough money to, um, uh... well at least you saved some money.

:cool2:

So I don't have any personal experience with them, but I would point out that they are indeed an authorized dealer for ScubaPro products, at least.

They are an authorized dealer for ScubaPro Europe, for products bought in EU. They are not an authorized dealer for ScubaPro USA, which means that ScubaPro USA will not honor your warranty. So you end up having to ship any warranty repair/claim work back to ScubaStore to take care of anyway, so really... what good is them being an authorized dealer if you're in the US?

They are an authorized dealer for ScubaPro Europe, for products bought in EU. They are not an authorized dealer for ScubaPro USA, which means that ScubaPro USA will not honor your warranty. So you end up having to ship any warranty repair/claim work back to ScubaStore to take care of anyway, so really... what good is them being an authorized dealer if you're in the US?

I'll have to take your word for it, since I didn't end up buying from them (and thankfully, if the OP's experience is any indication). But that wasn't the impression I got from ScubaPro's customer service.

Curious as to why you didn't opt to return it right away since it was the wrong color, had a dead battery, and no warranty card?

It's good to know what to look out for, so I thank you for your post. I believe that reputations will precede most manufacturers/distributors. When we hear of others' experiences we can better judge for ourselves.

It gets tough with places like LeisurePro since there seems to be a 50/50 mix of likes and dislikes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom