A wreck mystery - what is written on the face?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spt29970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all. Last month I dove the wreck of the fishing boat Transpac in British Columbia, Canada. While I was busy photographing the wreck, I was completely oblivious to the face that someone installed on the bow. I was vaguely aware of the white disk, but it wasn't until I was back on the ship reviewing my photos that someone asked me if I had seen it. The answer was no, but my camera had. The wreck itself is spectacular. It is sticking straight up in the water column, against a sheer wall, balanced with its stern on a small ledge at 250ft. The top of the bow is at 115ft and the white face is at the tip of the bow. The superstructure sticks out into the channel. Here is an image of the bow

and here is the wheelhouse, which has all of its glass intact.

Here is the mystery. When I was reviewing my photography, I discovered a web address written on the face, but I can't quite read it. It says something like www.xxxxxshark.com

Can you figure it out? You can click on the images for more details, but the writing is at the limit of my camera's resolution.

No diea about the face, but thought I would ask where that wreck is? Do you know the position?
I can trade you for a position of another wreck you might be looking for!

www.scubashark.com

Edit I see someone gave you the info on your web page.

BTW I figured it out by googling "shark.com" and "scuba". It was the second hit.

No diea about the face, but thought I would ask where that wreck is? Do you know the position?
I can trade you for a position of another wreck you might be looking for!

The wreck is near Butedale BC. The Nautilus Explorer or the Mamro dive it, contact them for a charter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom