ABC ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was about to ask what the hell you were talking about and that they already had a great ferry...then I remembered I was thinking of St. Thomas and the BVI..whoops

Would love to see a Ferry between the ABCs.

St Thomas to Tortola is 8-12 miles (depending on which ferry terminals you're talking about on either end) so you're looking at 25-45 min across fairly well protected/calm water. A handful of relatively small boats can easily handle zipping between St Thomas, St John, Tortola, Virgin Gorda all day long.

Oranjestad to Willemstad is ~80mi across open ocean. Willemstad to Kralendijk is probably 50mi. So you're looking at 3.5-5hrs if the seas are compliant? Longer, and much less fun, if they aren't.

It is my understanding that ferrys between Curacao and Bonaire have been attempted a number of times and all failed. The crossing can be very rough, maybe a big stable boat would work.....

They are looking at it again..... Most likely it will not happen..... again.....

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom