Acceptance and Quality of ProTec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

repat

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

here on Gran Canaria/Spain, there isn't much Tec Diving. The only courses offered in English/German are Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures by ProTec, which holds a direct CMAS license (in comparison to being a local club like VDST in Germany or USOA in the US). And there's only one dive center that offers it.

There isn't a ton of information about ProTec, the website sucks and everybody I know there is a Course Director (so it can't be that hard? or coincidence?). The cards should be accepted everywhere since e.g. Advanced Nitrox is certified after CMAS Nitrox** and that would certainly be accepted everywhere. Does anybody have an actual experience with showing a ProTec C-Card? How about the material/books? I read that they have their own books, are they any good?

There's a TDI center on the neighbouring island of Tenerife with supposedly very experienced instructors but that would be much more expensive for me.

I know that really the instructor is important (I'm meeting them anyway) and not so much the agency but since you don't hear anything about them ever and there's very little information on the web, I'm sceptical. Also it doesn't help that there's a famous diveshop named Protec in Mexico :wink:

Hy,

It is true that there is not too much tec diving in Gran Canaria. We are trying to change that. I have no recerences from protec, but, If you are still interested on tec courses check us online or pass by our DC in Arinaga:

Scuba Legends Academy

Happy Bubbles

Gery @ScubaLegends

I know an excellent tech instructor that is currently moving to Lanzarote to work as an instructor if that helps. PM me and I'll give you contact info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom