Accessing Dive Info on the UEMIS SDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that you've got a better understanding of the code, will we see in the future a 2way sync for the SDA? (unless I missed something, I'm on mac so I can't try Divelog)

2 way sync does not look like a big problem to me - it should be possible with our / my current knowledge of the sda internals.
But at the moment i am too scared of testing this - as there may be the risk of bricking my uemis - and this would be the worst case for me in a time without any (hardware) support from the manufacturer...

Fabian

I have been working with nicklesshead on this.

after looking at the logs again and again, i found out that
divelog/object_id and dive/object_id don't have to match... if you look
at the diveXXX.sda or .xml , there is a key "logfilenr" which looks like it has
to match to the corresponding divelogXXX.xml|.sda. And in fact, on my SDA
ther is an offeset of 1 between diveXXX/object_id and the "logfilenr" in
the diveXXX.xml|.sda
can anyone confirm this?

Hi nicklesshead,
have a look to my post #138, in the extract of my dive147.SDA you'll see the difference of 1 as well.

Of course.

First - as expected, it's the case of the extension that trips up my code.
Bad coding on my part, I'm afraid. I'll fix that in the next version.

For now, if you rename your files from diveNNNN.sda and divelogNNNN.sda to diveNNNN.SDA and divelogNNNN.SDA (with 'SDA' instead of 'sda' as extension) then the parser should in theory work for you.
Sorry for my late reply but I had a lot of work and i can't try your suggestion.
I just change the extension case (from lower to upper) and parse_uemis works fine (I use it in C:\UEMIS directory).

BTW: you posted dive 1 which is the dive that is 'preloaded' on the SDA. It's your actual dives that are much more interesting to look at... so dives 2 - 500 (or however many dives you have). And again, just a few of those would be great to have.
I posted dive 1 because prior to download all the dives in the SDA, I would like to try with one.
Now I download all the dives from my SDA and try to convert in XML files. I'll send you all the files so you can test and check if everything in your utilities works fine

Thanks so much for the moment.

BTW: the new windows binary that I posted Sunday fixes the case issue and also does a lot of sanity checks on the files presented.
I highly recommend using that instead.

Sorry for my late reply but I had a lot of work and i can't try your suggestion.
I just change the extension case (from lower to upper) and parse_uemis works fine (I use it in C:\UEMIS directory).

I posted dive 1 because prior to download all the dives in the SDA, I would like to try with one.
Now I download all the dives from my SDA and try to convert in XML files. I'll send you all the files so you can test and check if everything in your utilities works fine

Thanks so much for the moment.

I would like to help out with this by sharing my data, have downloaded all your files for a windows pc, but not quite sure how to run it. Could you please give a step by step instruction for extracting the dives and I will upload my files for you.
Thanks,
AJ

Same here. Happy to share the few dives I've done with it. And all new dives, as long as my SDA holds up! I am diving with it every weekend.
Cheers!

BTW: the new windows binary that I posted Sunday fixes the case issue and also does a lot of sanity checks on the files presented.
Hi Dirkhh
Thankyou very much for information.
Please can you send me (eventualy by mail ) the download link ?
Thanks a greetings

Hello Dirkhh
Sorry for my late reply.
Please can you send me the download link ? I can't find it anywhere.

Since people can't seem to find what I posted last week, here is the Windows version again, this time as one single zip file you can download:

http://65.23.157.151/uemis.zip

The instructions were also earlier in this thread. You need java installed.

Run the myuemis.jar to extract dive # NR:
java -jar myuemis.jar -f=\D:\ -d NR -o diveNR.SDA
java -jar myuemis.jar -f=\D:\ -s NR -o divelogNR.SDA

Then run my parser:
parse_uemis.exe diveNR.SDA
It will run some sanity checks and print out the URL where you (after logging in) should be able to download the matching XML file from the UEMIS website.
If you have this file you can also use the parser to check if this file appears to be from the same dive - simply add its name as second argument:
parse_uemis.exe diveNR.SDA diveXXXX.xml
The number XXXX is the number on the UEMIS website and different from your dive number NR - but as I said before, running the parser which just one argument gives you the UEMIS URL which has this number embedded in the path.

Back
Top Bottom