Accessories for LUMIX waterproof marine case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

busybugs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone
I have a LUMIX (DMC-TZ40) and the Panasonic Marine Case (DMW-MCTZ40) and until now I have been only using it for shallow daytime diving, but will now be night diving on a regular basis now. Because it is a few years old, I am not keen on putting too much cash into this setup. I was thinking about a video light that would mount on the top bracket/slot thingee (don't know the real term for this). When I do upgrade to something newer (like at TG-4 or TG-5), the light would still be of us.

Also, is there a red filter available for this case?
TIA

The top slot is called a cold shoe - it is similar, mechanically, to a hot shoe that is used to mount camera flashes, but lacks any electrical contacts. You can use an adapter such as this one to turn it into a 1" ball:

2.5"/6.9cm Cold shoe - 1" ball adapter

However, you may want to consider using a tray/handle and an arm - this will give you more freedom in positioning the light when you want to reduce backscatter, or illuminate the subject from a certain angle, for example:

Black Aluminium Diving Handle for Underwater Camera Housings (advanced

The top slot is called a cold shoe - it is similar, mechanically, to a hot shoe that is used to mount camera flashes, but lacks any electrical contacts. You can use an adapter such as this one to turn it into a 1" ball:

2.5"/6.9cm Cold shoe - 1" ball adapter

Thanks for explaining this - I wonder why they decided to call it a shoe rather than a slot. Anyways, am I correct in assuming that these are a standard size?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom