Accessory Pockets for Halcyon Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitah

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
What kind of accessory pocket do you wear with halcyon bp?´
It is normal to use a leg mounted pocket (not glued) the one from diverite?´
I´ll like to hold in the pocket a slate, wet notes and my jon line, so what do you recomend?

You can get whatever pocket you want, whether its the leg mounted dive rite one that connects to the harness and velcros around the leg or there are pockets that just go on the harness and not connect to the leg.

Personally I added a pocket to my wetsuit, as I don't like a bunch of stuff on my harness.

:doctor:
Experiment and do what works best for you. Start at the harness and go from there

The OMS no-sag pockets looked nice enough and very versatile as you would be able to use then on any exposure suit configuration and use the integrated weight system if needed

They have 3 compartments
1 tool pocket - I placed sheers, 360 and backup lights,
1 wide pocket I used mine for slates, gloves, dive tables, etc.
1 weight pocket , easy to ditch no bags needed

But they are too long and the weights ride too long and mess my center of gravity bringing my legs down a bit, (I'm short 5'8". Taller people might not get this).

Another thing, they are too bulky, even when empty. I felt them touching and hitting stuff during wreck penetrations.

hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom