Accessory Reviews: Nautilus Lifeline & Analox CO Analyzer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewdropsonrosa

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm on my way to Coz, and decided to rent to try both the Nautilus Lifeline radio and the Analox CO monitor. I rented from oerentals.com, and the experience (prior to leaving) has been pleasant.

Shipping
OERentals charged my card and shipped the items with plenty of lead time for them to arrive before I left. The items were sent by UPS and I received a tracking number so that I could follow their progress. The box was sturdy and the items were well-cushioned. Instruction manuals for both items were included.

My items came with a prepaid UPS return shipping label. There were instructions to retain the original box to ship my items back.

bothpackages.jpg

Nautilus Lifeline Radio
I ordered two Lifelines and they arrived in their original packaging. Each package included the radio, a durable mesh carrying case, a USB charging cord, and a 220v wall adapter. All of the items were in good condition and appear well-maintained.

nautilusbox.jpg

nautiluscontents.jpg

The radio unit weighs about ten ounces and fits comfortably in one hand. The buttons (radio functions and distress signal) and the antenna are underneath the transparent cap. The cap buckles down firmly and forms a seal that looks very secure. On the back of the radio there is a metal clip, which looked like a good attachment point.

case.jpg

The radios come with a carrying case, which appears to be made out of nylon and mesh material - it feels similarly rugged to a BCD. The top flap has a metal snap closure, which felt pretty strong. There is a loop on the back (not very well pictured here - sorry) that would fit onto a 2" waist strap very easily. That closure is also a metal snap. The clip at the top is sturdy plastic. The coiled cable didn't feel very strong, so I probably won't use it.

inside.jpg

Top popped! The green button is for non-emergency communications with buddies and local boats. The orange button is for local hail and distress calls. Under the antenna is a red tab, which swings out of the way for the true emergency button. The product guide claims that the emergency button signal area is over 4000 square miles (10,360 square kilometers). The antenna folds over neatly and tucks in.

Analox CO Analyzer

This analyzer feels about the same size and weight as the more common Nitrox analyzer. It works the same way: power button on the side, with 10-minute auto shut-off. There is a calibration wheel, and this model comes with a wrist strap. The analyzer came packaged in a rigid plastic tube, onto which someone wrote a helpful hint about results. :wink:

co-monitor.jpg

I'll have more updates about operability and the return shipping experience when I come back next week!

Back
Top Bottom