Accomplishments of 2009?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found some really really great buddies....and had a ton of fun diving.

Goals for next year: keep diving with my fun buddies, add new (fun) buddies to the group, and find new ways to challenge myself and grow as a diver. Can't wait!

Accomplishments for '09:

CMAS** (almost done)
dive often (most dives/year yet)

Goals for '10:
Finish **
Start ***
Acquire BP/W+ Doubles
Acquire surface support o2 regulator and tank to complete safety gear
complete CMAS/VDST Safety&Rescue course
Dive loads.

Gerbs

find new ways to challenge myself and grow

TortureRack.jpg

Hope I can help. :D

In 2009: Got IANTD Trimix certified. Did some really interesting dives on the 180-300 ft range, but not as much I wished, though. :(

2010: Buy my dry suit and dive a lot more than I dove in 2009. Red sea is on the top of the list. No big training plans for 2010, but I'm flexible on that (specially if a wreck training opportunity shows up).. :D

2009 was a great diving year :D.

Started 2009 with only 63 dives & did 190 dives this year and counting :)
Took: Rescue/Nitrox/Drysuit & UTD Essentials
Spent 5 weeks diving in Utilia Honduras & swam with a whale shark ;-)
Did my first USA dives & learned to dive in feet & PSI's
Learned to dive a drysuit
Converted from a WWW extended vacation diver, to a weekly cold water diver
Launched on the DIR path
Spent 10 weeks diving all over Philippines/Sulewesi/Sumatra & Bali Indonesia
Met tons of very cool local buddies who I love ;-)
Bought most my gear: 2 new regs, drysuit, bp/w, wetsuits, tanks, light can, etc,
Hitched my first scooter tows ;-)
And signed up for Fundies ;-)

That was FUN!

2010? Well it already includes a 5 week diving binge in Monterey, Fundies
& at least 2 months diving in the Philippines ;-).

Last edited:
I dived ~40 times with sharks. Rounding up a little :) that's nearly diving once a week with sharks for a year.

Also got Jet Fins which contrary to popular belief God made on the second day.

Oh, and my first regs of my own. Yay.

And went to Cocos!

And got a long hose.

Made lots of stupid posts here.

Dived with first SB'er down in Melbourne and saw blue ringed Octopus and a large cuttlefish that looked just like my little brother.

Learned to back fin. Or at least, learned to go backwards with my fins. Might not be the same thing :)

2010? Mourning the passing of 2009 :)

In 2009: After 3 abdominal surgeries and 1 heart surgery, all in March, I was just happy to get in as many dives as I did.
2010: More training and many more dives.

Last edited:
This year my goals were:
-130 dives
-do Cavern
-dive a bunch of new sites (incl some tropical dives) and new types of dives
-get my own underwater camera
-get some new gear including BP/W, another tank, proper thermals, new computer and doubles

I'm up to 164 dives with an average dive time of approx 75mins and I start Cavern next Tuesday so hopefully that goes well :) I got to dive a bunch of new sites, including a trips to Northern NSW, Sydney, Fiji and New Zealand. Also me and my buddy checked out lots of new sites locally, including some rarely dived sites. Most of them, we can see why they are rarely dived :wink: but it was fun nonetheless. I also got to do a few novel dives such as a river drift dive, a scooter dive and I got to do some more of the local wrecks including two on Sunday on the HMAS Canberra which opened for diving on Saturday.

I got a camera and had a lot of fun with it. It stopped working in October :depressed: so I have been cameraless and it's been hard! A replacement one that I got for 50USD should arrive within the next week though so I can't wait for that. It was going to be replaced with a fancy one but I had to choose between doubles or a good camera :wink:

With gear, I got a BP/W, a new computer, another tank and various bits and pieces, but no doubles as I had some nice buddies to loan me theirs :) I also never managed to get proper thermals... I did manage to get a pink harness though, which I have been threatening my buddy with for ages :)

Goals for 2010
-150 dives
-finish my dive leader course
-do fundies with a few friends
-do a bunch more of the local wrecks
-get a decent underwater camera
-get some more gear including doubles setup, decent light and a pony

TortureRack.jpg

And which GUE class was this? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom