Adapter and Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dives4Fun

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Canon G15 with Canon DC-48 enclosure (absolutely love this camera). I have had these since they first came out and there was no macro adapters available (so I gave up looking). Now I discover there are a couple adapters so I am thinking of getting it and a couple lenses.

The ones I have in mind are the Inon M67 Lens Adapter Base DC48, 1 x Inon UCL-330 Close-up Lens, and 1 x Inon UCL-165M67 Close-up Lens.

If anyone has these lenses, is it fairly simple to take one lens (or both) off if they were stacked during a dive? It doesnt look like there is a lanyard type attachment to any of the lenses making me think you would not be able to do this.

I also looked at the 10bar adapter online but it doesnt look like really suitable to me.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I have a Canon G15 with Canon DC-48 enclosure (absolutely love this camera). I have had these since they first came out and there was no macro adapters available (so I gave up looking). Now I discover there are a couple adapters so I am thinking of getting it and a couple lenses.

The ones I have in mind are the Inon M67 Lens Adapter Base DC48, 1 x Inon UCL-330 Close-up Lens, and 1 x Inon UCL-165M67 Close-up Lens.

If anyone has these lenses, is it fairly simple to take one lens (or both) off if they were stacked during a dive? It doesnt look like there is a lanyard type attachment to any of the lenses making me think you would not be able to do this.

I also looked at the 10bar adapter online but it doesnt look like really suitable to me.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

I have 2 of the ucl-165m67 and used them with my s-95. And since they are 67mm I can now use them on my sl-1. I screw them on and off during dives if need be and store them on my white slate that I have mounted a 67mm holder on. I like it that way others think the threads are a pain but I find it easy. Nope no lanyard for them just don't drop them.

Wonderful, thanks so much for the info. Just put my order in.:)
I have 2 of the ucl-165m67 and used them with my s-95. And since they are 67mm I can now use them on my sl-1. I screw them on and off during dives if need be and store them on my white slate that I have mounted a 67mm holder on. I like it that way others think the threads are a pain but I find it easy. Nope no lanyard for them just don't drop them.

Back
Top Bottom