Adding ditchable weights to BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

revdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought a very nice BCD for my daughter but it does not have integrated ditchable weights. I really don't want to spent $120 on dive rite's add on system so I'm looking for decent alternatives. Also, due to limited space with the smaller torso and small BCD, the pockets have to be "vertical" or parallel with the spine and the handle has to be on the bottom. We are attaching the pockets to the main waist strap.

Thoughts appreciated. Links and pictures would be awesome.

Ps. Yes, I take my kids diving. Yes, I bought them gear instead of renting. Yes, I trust them to follow safety protocols and respond to underwater emergencies. My kids go rock climbing and whitewater rafting too. Not looking for parenting advice, just some thoughts on gear configuration.

If it’s not a lot of weight then weight belt?

Ps. Yes, I take my kids diving. Yes, I bought them gear instead of renting. Yes, I trust them to follow safety protocols and respond to underwater emergencies. My kids go rock climbing and whitewater rafting too. Not looking for parenting advice, just some thoughts on gear configuration.

You see your process obviously distracted you from buying the right bc, did someone mention weight belt

Depends on how much weight she needs, but agree with Cheizz, weight pockets.
I have the small HOG quick drop pockets on my BP/W if I need to add lead.
They are ditchable and compact.

I wa
Depends on how much weight she needs, but agree with Cheizz, weight pockets.
I have the small HOG quick drop pockets on my BP/W if I need to add lead.
They are ditchable and compact.

I was looking at these but the attachment point on the back of the pocket looks cheap. Are they sturdy?

They are very sturdy, no issues with the zippers either.

Let me know a little about the b/c, like is a 2” waist strap, I have a few pouches that I can send for the cost of sending them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom