Adding ditchable weights to BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belt and bcd pockets. Split the weight. I only like 2 weights on my belt.

Try the highland weight plates.

I wa

I was looking at these but the attachment point on the back of the pocket looks cheap. Are they sturdy?
Very sturdy. I'd recommend getting two locking tri glides and placing them forward of the pouches so they don't slide during the dive.

I prefer to have them back against the plate to prevent them from moving backward, but not everyone finds that convenient. A second tri-glide will do if you need this.

I also place a tri-glide between the shoulder portion of the harness and the plate, at the waist, as occasionally, you will find that the weights will start to pull the shoulder straps tighter while diving and moving around.

Another vote for trying a weight belt. A rubber freedive one, will fit her and be comfortable and should be able to hold all the lead that she may need to ditch.

Weight integration on the BC, never a weight belt, and never look back.
Vacation rentals frequently don’t have weight integrated BC’s, so still useful to know how to use if one is not bringing all open gear on a trip.

Vacation rentals frequently don’t have weight integrated BC’s, so still useful to know how to use if one is not bringing all open gear on a trip.

Agree. I teach my students how to use a standard weightbelt even when the BC's I use in my dive school are mostly weight integrated just because of this point. My students learn both ways. They invetibaly buy a weight integrated BC's when they buy their own (most of them).

Very sturdy. I'd recommend getting two locking tri glides and placing them forward of the pouches so they don't slide during the dive.

I prefer to have them back against the plate to prevent them from moving backward, but not everyone finds that convenient. A second tri-glide will do if you need this.

I also place a tri-glide between the shoulder portion of the harness and the plate, at the waist, as occasionally, you will find that the weights will start to pull the shoulder straps tighter while diving and moving around.
Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'm trying these pockets and will add some tri glides.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I'm trying these pockets and will add some tri glides.
I have two sets of them...no issues

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom