Adding rear dump to SeaQuest ADV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just acquired an old SeaQuest ADV. It has a drain valve (might be overpressure too) on the butt that I'm wondering if I can convert into a dump valve. Anyone know?

hey,
I have the same BC and would like a rear dump too. Can you let me know how you make out?
Thanks,
-Ken

Will do. I haven't found anywhere that has the one I see on LP (they're out of stock), but I'm meeting up with my LDS repair dude on Wednesday, so I'll hopefully get some suggestions from him.

The SQ threads are not standard so most others like Diverite and many others will not fit. I'm not sure but I doubt if the OMS would work. But SQ did make a dump valve that would fit your BC. The Diverite and most others have an ID of about 1 11/16 inches while the SQ valve has an ID of about 2 inches.

My best bet is cannibalizing bad BCs then? I suspect my BC might be similar that someone else might consider a donee.

15 yeas ago, I bought mine from a SQ dealer. I'd check with dealers and see if they are still available.

Hm, I took apart the one from my old Seatec (it was a different diameter), however the two were quite similar, right down to the hole and the recess in the valve. I'm pretty sure I can just drill a small hole through the outside covering and attach a string through it, and I'll be good.

Hm, I took apart the one from my old Seatec (it was a different diameter), however the two were quite similar, right down to the hole and the recess in the valve. I'm pretty sure I can just drill a small hole through the outside covering and attach a string through it, and I'll be good.

Sounds a little scary to me. Where do you get a seat carrier, seat, and spring in that idea?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom