Adding rear dump to SeaQuest ADV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you send me any of the leftover magic string?
Seriously,
The cap over the cleanout will not accomodate the extra stuff you are putting in behind it.
. I just got back from my LDS (Johnson's Sporting Goods in Brunswick, Maine with a shiny new universal pull dump kit from Aqua Lung. I have attached a scan of the destructions. It set me back ten bucks.
Good luck!
-Ken

Sounds a little scary to me. Where do you get a seat carrier, seat, and spring in that idea?

My rear valve already seems to have those (so I assume its OPV as well as drain). Will take a pic in the morning to verify.

I did just what you said. The OPV has a body, a spring, a plastic disk with a flat rubber disk glued to it. I unscrewed it from the BC, peeled off the rubber, drilled a small, string sized hole through the OPV body and the plastic disk. I put a string through the OPV body, the spring and the plastic disk and tied knots at both ends. Using silicone sealant, I glued the rubber disk to the plastic disk where is was originally, with the knot under the rubber disk. I screwed it back on the BC to allow the spring pressure hold it in place while the silicone dried overnight. It works fine. I used it last week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom