Additional research on long term cognitive function impact from recreational diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seemed like Cousteau was quite sharp well into his eighties and he certainly had some 'down' time.

The picture doesn't seem to be very clear yet. I like this quote from Alert Diver | Effects of Diving on the Brain:

"In fact, the studies could not disprove a hypothesis that the decision to start diving may be the first sign of brain damage." :)

Hey, what are you trying to say about us divers and diving? um...um...um...s**t, forgot what I was going to say :banghead:....oh well, anyone for another dive?? :confused:

I'm no clinical statistician, but they describe a study design so simple and uncontrolled as to render the study useless. They appear to have gotten a very skewed representation of diver experience as well. Divers averaged 55% of dives >30msw? WTF? My ratio is ~1%.

I'm so excited this is merely proof that my tinnitus means nothing and my dementia is within acceptable parameters. wooohooo

Well, have you seen any decline in function in those 52+ years? :wink:

Well, in my teens and twenties "I was so much older then... I'm younger than that now"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom