Adhesive for repairing neoprene boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djtimmy77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have Scubapro 5mm neoprene boots with the molded sole. On one of them, the sole has started separating from the boot. Looking for some recommendations as far as an adhesive to use to fix it. Shoe Goo? Wetsuit Cement? Some awesome industrial adhesive?

Neoprene Cement (made by Trident) should work, I used it to glue a pocket on my WS-worked great!
I'm sure there are other brands though..good luck.

Aquaseal.

Aquaseal, or Shoegoo if you have some laying around. The booties are on their last leg anyhow, so whatever is cheapest. Rough up the rubber with course sand paper and clean all stuff out of the corners. You are going to need a good bond to make them last more than a few dives.

Aquaseal works, just make sure the boots are absolutely dry, use lots of it [don't try to be neat, smear it on !!! ] and give the 'stuff' plenty of time to dry/cure....several days........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom