adjustable standard and beaver force fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pouvouv

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
Are there anyone who have tried both the adjustable standard and beaver force fin?
I am interested to get one of those two fins, but find it hard to decide which one to choose.
I could not find any review on the beaver force fins.

I'll be most likely just do recreational open water diving, maybe some wreck diving too.

Cheers,
erick.

Pouvouv, Welcome to our home. I designed the Beaver Force, modeled from the design of a beaver tail. The first pro-types were flat, but again I found that a curved shaped blade preformed better on the power-recovery cycle. This model has been accepted by the British Royal Marines and we ship every other year. They did their own testing of 5 of our dive fins. The adjustable foot pocket fits with their boots. This fin is great for in line surface swimming, and it also comes with variable thrust system. My good friend Jonathan Bird, tested the Beaver years ago and said the blade rocked..but would have preferred the standard open foot pocket of the Force Fin original. I did notice two pairs of beaver made this week for some one so they roll out, but not as fast as the adjustable Force Fin. This fin is designed with the Force Fin up curved blades..but has the variable thrust wing lets and adjustable foot pocket. We stay away from reviews since they are always slanted towards who spends the most AD Dollars. Besides, these so called fin testers don't understand fins and just sell the hype. I would play it safe with the Adjustable Force Fin, or if you want to be way out and really be different go for the Beaver. I am sure our Force fin's friends will come in and help. You have a money back in either choice for 30 days. Best, Bob

There are a couple of differences that matter.
1) The beaver is better for surface swimming.
2) The Original is a little lighter in through the water.

For OW scuba, I prefer the Original. They're compact, quick in the water, extremely maneuverable, easy to transport.

The beaver is a nice fin. it has a more traditional fin feel than the Original/Adjustable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom