Adjusting IP on Hog 1st Stages...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't had to do this to the regs I purchased from Dive Rite In Scuba, but was curious. What is the procedure for the D1 regs to adjust the IP? My 1st work fine, but the IP is a little on the high end.

Thanks,
Mike

D1 or D1 cold?, the D1 is a simple allen key while using a IP gauge, the D1 cold you need to remove the cold kit, adjust the IP and then replace the cold kit. You'll need a spanner to remove the cold kit and the reinstall of the cold kit has to be done correctly to work. If you have never done this before I recommend you get a tech to do it or one that can do/show you.

What do you recommend for the IP on a D1 cold water reg? One second stage was prone to free flow, that I adjusted so the knob is not used to control free flow, and the IP is holding steady at 150psi.

What do you recommend for the IP on a D1 cold water reg? One second stage was prone to free flow, that I adjusted so the knob is not used to control free flow, and the IP is holding steady at 150psi.

135-145 psi is normal range and 5psi over/under each side is not a big deal. If I am diving COLD water (below 45 degrees) I will set the IP to 130, very cold water (below 35 and it may even get set as low as 115 psi)

^ That response right there is one of the reasons why we bought my gal HOG regs. Having the manufacturer readily available for comments is awesome!

Thanks, I appreciate the trust.

Cerich... I appreciate the open information. I also bought my HOG regs because of your openness and willingness to change the "manufacturer mold"!

what he said.

And they are just so much fun to mess with! I am awaiting the bottom port for mine just so I have an excuse to put some tools to them again!

And they are just so much fun to mess with! I am awaiting the bottom port for mine just so I have an excuse to put some tools to them again!

ummmm, good thing you posted this so I didn't forget....:D

Back
Top Bottom