Adjusting SeaWing Nova Bungee Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KMil

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Are there directions anywhere for adjusting the tension of the bungee straps on SeaWing Novas?

If anyone can provide a quick explanation it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the right size fins they shouldn't need any adjustment.

What is wrong with the fit? Strap too loose or too tight?

It's too tight. I borrowed some Novas of the same size before purchasing these and the strap did not feel nearly as tight. I was under the impression that the bungee strap was adjustable like a spring strap.

There is a small indentation on the front (towards the fin tip) of where the bungee attaches to the boot. Open it with a screwdriver (CAREFULLY) and you should be able to adjust it. I have never done this on my Nova's, but on other fins I have with aftermarket bungees that was the way I adjusted the tension. I would assume it works the same :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

The bungee strap on the SWN is designed to approximate the size of the fin (foot). The strap is not adjustable but is replaceable with 4 different sizes:
25.712.205 S
25.712.305 M
25.712.405 L
25.712.505 XL

Are there directions anywhere for adjusting the tension of the bungee straps on SeaWing Novas?

If anyone can provide a quick explanation it would be greatly appreciated.

Just swap them out for the next size up. I bought the small Novas and the bungee was a little too tight bought the medium bungee straps, problem solved. It took maybe 2 minutes to swap them both, it's pretty easy. To open them use a small flat head screwdriver and push in the tab at the end of the buckle toward the heel end of the foot pocket and gently lever the top part of the buckle up and it will pop off. You can also buy just the bungee which is significantly cheaper than the complete strap. Good luck.

Guys, adjusting is the next level, I believe. But how to detach bungee strap from Nova SeaWing?
In my old fins this has been done with brute force but I wouldn't like to damage anything...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom