Advanced Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe21

Contributor
Reaction score
Can I do advanced nitrox without deco. Can you give me an idea on what a 100ft dive with adv nitrox would be like. Thanks.

Can I do advanced nitrox without deco. Can you give me an idea on what a 100ft dive with adv nitrox would be like. Thanks.

Yes, you can. We usually teach Advanced Nitrox as a stand-alone to CCR divers, but some Open Circuit divers do take the class on its own. Any diver can reap the benefits of 'high-test' nitrox for non-staged decompression dives in shallow water for special applications.

However, I am not sure what you mean by asking what a dive to 100 feet would be like. Not trying to be obtuse but how do you image advanced nitrox will change on a 100 foot dive? This depth is within the purview of a mix that you could use with a basic nitrox certification from either TDI or SDI, so I am a little confused.

Last edited:
However, I am not sure what you mean by asking what a dive to 100 feet would be like. Not trying to be obtuse but how do you image advanced nitrox will change on a 100 foot dive? This depth is within the purview of a mix that you could use with a basic nitrox certification from either TDI or SDI, so I am a little confused.

Steve - please reference this thread.

I think what the OP is looking for is a way to increase NDL in the 100-foot range beyond what's offered by basic nitrox.

OK... so now what you want to know has been made clear...

1/ You want longer bottom times on dives to 100 feet
2/ You do not want to get into staged decompression
3/ You are wondering if Advanced Nitrox will help either 1 or 2

As the engineer on the starship enterprise was given to saying on occasion: "Yer cannie defy the laws of physics, captain!"

Briefly put, the answer to your question is, No. There is no advantage for you to take an Advanced Nitrox course. See my earlier post.

The only practical way to accomplish what you want to is to take a decompression class or a CCR class... both of which would necessitate advanced nitrox! But as a stand-alone, your application does not fit with the advantages the course offers at all.

Thanks Steve, thats what i was wondering. Eventually Im gonna tack the combine courses but Im gonna wait a little while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom