Advice for my Oz Vacation??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=>Larry<=-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks,
I'll be returning to Oz this Xmas for my wifes family reunion. We'll be doing 2+ weeks - Brisbane-Coffs Harbour-Heron Island-Brisbane !!
The stop at Heron Island is the toll my sons & I have extracted to be good during the rest of the trip - BUT - I'd be really interested if you folks have any favorites near Coffs as we'll spend most of the time near there!

G/day Larry,

The Solitary Islands are in the vicinity of Coffs Harbour.
I have not personally dived there myself, but from what I have read and from what fellow divers have told me, the Solitary's are fantastic.

Try this website: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~diving/articles/nswbest.htm

Wow! - Interesting site - and very close to where we'll be staying! Looks like I'll get to do some heavy web-reading this evening and maybe make some additional plans!

Thanks

Hi Larry

I have dived Solitary Islands and the diving in that area is
great. Another destination that is really worth a visit is
Fish Rock Cave. The town is called South West Rocks - it's probably about 2 hours south of Coffs (just a guess) but REALLY worth the drive.

I could rave on about it for ages but your best bet is probably
to visit their web site www.fishrock.com.au (Fish Rock Dive Centre) or www.southwestrocksdive.com.au (South West Rocks
Dive Centre).

If you have any problems getting on to the web sites, just put
up a post and I'll tell you all about this great spot.

If you have the chance - don't miss it!

Kate

The web site looks really interesting - and 2 hours drive is not a big deal at all in TX - - - I'll definitely try to get over there!

Thanks

BUT - a bit too late. Sorry I missed you!

I jsut returned today! Turns out the bulk of the Holiday was spent at Chattsworth Island, and we only went to Coffs for a daytrip. Too bad, as I was looking forward to another shot at the Solitaries. Just as well though, as I had some problems with all the smoke from the bush fires combined with a slight cold from the plane flight.

I did get in a reasonable measure of diving at Heron Island anyway - will try to get in a report in a week or so as the jet lag clears from my brain!

Cheers -=>Larry<=-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom