Advice needed on Thailand trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terry, I've got a family of Canadians here on Phuket now for some diving and touring. I had a nice talk with them this evening, and they were telling me that there are areas of Thailand they had wanted to visit but because their insurance coverage is suspended in areas under emergency control they cannot go to these places. Even Bangkok is still under a state of emergency, so they flew in to Phuket directly through Seoul so as not to run any risk with their kids not being insured. I understand that in cases like that, individuals do need to be forewarned about events so that should somebody simply twist an ankle crossing a road or cut their finger, they still can go get an x-ray or stitches and expect their insurance to cover the cost.

I'm with you--no harm. We just need to keep things in perspective.

You are going to have a wonderful time here!

Good thought Quero, I had not even thought of the insurance coverage in those areas identified by the Can Gov. I will have to check my insurance package. Can't wait.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom