Advice on Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobthegoalie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a dive computer that I can use for rec diving but also decompression diving. A computer that I wont out grow until I use trimix. So nitrox from 21 to 100 is a given and multi gas compatitble is also nice. My price range is from 300 to 400. I might go over 400 if I have to. I was looking at the Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G, Oceanic Aton 2, and the Tusa Zen IQ900. Any others I should consider? Which do you think would be best?

Thanks
Bret

There is also Dive Rite's Duo (2 gas) & Trio (3 gas) computers. The first gas is 21- 50% & the 2nd & 3rd gases are 21- 99%. These are in the price range you're talking about. If you want to go ahead & get into a trimix computer, there is Suunto's Helo2. It runs about $900 w/o transmitter & about $1400 with transmitter. It is a trimix computer with up to 8 gas switches. It also has wireless air integrated transmitter you can use (I use it on my rec. regulator & use the computer by itself without the transmitter with my technical configuration). I do not yet have trimix training, but am looking at it in another year or 2. I also like how you can set how aggressive or conservative you want the computer to be.

Back
Top Bottom