Advice on dive operators in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3BoyPapa,

Welcome to SB...I am glad you started this thread as I too am planning a trip to the Keys...go info here.

~ME~
:D

3BoyPapa,

You'll get a lot of good advise here on SB. Just make sure you email or call the operators and make sure they understand your diving experience and needs. It's also important to see if they have any lodging specials they can offer....most do.
I'm sure you'll have a great dive vacation here in the Keys. Lately the weather has been great, having over 90+ ft of visibility. Hope that holds. In the meantime please check out and book mark our online DIVE CALENDAR with diving conditions. There you can see REAL-TIME what we're doing and also what the dive conditions were for previous days. There's also some videos of dives here in the area you might enjoy.

If I can answer any questions, even if you don't dive with us, please don't hesitate to ask.

PS...We get families in all the time diving with us. As a matter of fact we just had a family of 6 dive with us all last week.

Good Diving,

I love this site! you guys are awesome......we are well on our way to evaluating all of the recommendations and I am confident we will find a great operator for our trip.

I like Horizon Divers because of their boat and the Ramada nearby. It's a short walk from the hotel to the dive shop and you get a decent room for a good price. You might have to hire a DM to go with your pack but I like their attitude.

I always use Conch Republic Divers. They are by far my favorite dive shop in Key Largo. Where are you staying?

Another vote for Horizon Divers, also like Ocean Divers.

I always use Conch Republic Divers. They are by far my favorite dive shop in Key Largo. Where are you staying?

We have reservations for a property at Mariner's Club and will be driving to Key Largo, so we will have transportation. My wife and I have 3 teenage boys and wanted spacious accommodations and the ability to cook food for these guys. We have wetsuits, mask, fins, snorkel and hope to save our peanuts for a new piece of equipment this year --- wrist mount dive computers.

We like to do 2 tank dives and look at reefs, fish, and wrecks. Last year in the Cayman Islands, we dove with Seasports (Jim and Kevin) and they were awesome for us. We want another experience like that -- 6 pack, guide/DM, and a good, safe experience.

We are planning 3 dives while Key Largo and with a group of 5, this is costly for us, so we want a great experience.

I will take the advice and speak with the recommended operators.

thanks

I have heard great things about Conch Republic & Silent World. I personally have had experience with Ocean Divers & was very pleased. THey offer a hotel package at Marina del Mar which is right next door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom