Advice on dive ops for OW instruction in KL ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever one you use,, get all your forms filled out in advance if possible. # 1 question would be meds or physical problems if any. Get a Dr's release and be prepared, just saying.

Consider doing most of the course up north before vacation and then do the open water dives for certification down here. It's called a referral and takes 2 boat trips usually. That way you would have some in-water training before you come down and more time for additional fun dives before vaca is kaput!! I did that many years ago in Key Largo.

Right, I think that will be taken care of by doing the course work on line as suggested by others above. Thanks for the suggestion!

Right, I think that will be taken care of by doing the course work on line as suggested by others above. Thanks for the suggestion!

No it will not. There is pool work to be done before the 4 open water dives. Use a local shop for class and pool, classes can be done online then reviewed at local shop then pool work. They then provide a form for you to take to shop of your choice to finish the certification with the four open water dives. This is the route I took when getting my son and myself certified.

Right, thanks for pointing that out....I'll look into the pool part locally also.
Thanks again!

No problem, would hate to see you have to waste a couple days vacation doing swim requirements and skills practice in a pool! Way to much to see and do in KL to kill that much time when you can get it over with at home.

We sure hope so....BTW any suggestions on things to do in KL while above water ?

Main problem there is where to start. Fishing is always fun, take a day to drive the keys, Bahia Honda if you are looking for a beach (not many "real" beaches down there), stop at Robbies to feed the tarpon, Theatre of the Sea is interesting, the History of Diving Museum is worth a stop, plenty of good places to eat. Make sure you try Harriettes for breakfast. If you like fish, and have not tried it lionfish is a must.

Thanks, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. For good places to eat I always go on recommendations if I can get them. Will check out the other stuff too.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom